Wow. The new Year is here already. It's going to be another exciting year for the Daredevils! We are heading for the studio (FINALLY !) late in January to record our first CD. Still somewhat fluid but it looks like about 60% original songs and the other 40% will be covers carefully chosen to highlight our strengths This will be a process I'm sure and really exciting for most of us who have never done any studio recording before. I hoping to have some photos and video of the sessions I can share in this blog so stay tuned!
Pretty much taking January and part of February off from performing to focus on the recording project but then we'll be back at it with the Big Turn Festival in Red Wing, February 21st and 22nd We play at 7 pm Saturday at United Lutheran Church. This is a BIG deal folks. 200 bands in more than 20 venues in downtown Red Wing. Check out The Big Turn Website for tickets and schedule information. Then in March we will be at the MBOTMA Winter Bluegrass Weekend doing some of the songs from the new CD. Check out MN Bluegrass.org for all the details on that event! The following Saturday, March 13th we will be at Juniors in River Falls! A new venue for us and we are so excited to play there! That's going to be a Fun 3 hour show you won't want to miss!
For those in the Red Wing Area, I will be offering a songwriting workshop on February 5th at the Red Wing Arts Association Gallery. That's in the Depot in Red Wing. This will be the first of what the Arts Association hopes will become a series of "First Wednesday Workshops" on various topics of interest to the creative community in Red Wing and the surrounding area. I'll share a few of my songs, along with some insights into the craft of songwriting as I have experienced it so far.
The calendar page (Shows) will be continuously updated now as more booking are solidified for the year. so be sure to check back often and come and see us when we are in your area!